Sunday, December 6, 2009

Post No. 138 Clark W. Griswold's House?

There was a fierce snowstorm in the greater NYC area last night. I was on my way to the Blair Academy (Blairstown, NJ) to watch a prep school basketball tournament, to see the team coached my friend, Jon Stone (The Hun School of Princeton, NJ). Interstate 80 in NJ was treacherous, and the windy, hilly, backwoods, two-lane county roads to Blairstown were practically impassable. It was a white-knuckle drive, to say the least... I passed this home on the way to the game. There weren't any streetlights on this road, so when I rounded the bend where the house stands, the brilliant lights dramatically pierced the dark countryside. It instantly brought to mind the Griswold's house from the movie Christmas Vacation (one of my favorite holiday flicks). Although I had my trusty Nikon with me, I didn't snap a pic at that time... I was in a hurry to get to the game, the snow was coming down too hard, and the shoulder of the road was not plowed, making it impossible for me to stop and pull-over to snap a pic or two. By the time the games were over, the snowstorm had passed and the roads were clear (thank goodness). So, when I saw this house on my way home, you know that I just had to stop and take this pic...
By the way, what's one of your favorite holiday movies?
~peace and be well,
seanjonesfoto

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Just saw that home tonight. They're infamous for their lawn art. This year they really raised the bar!

Too bad you didn't make it a couple miles past Blair on RT94. There's a 20 foot illuminated deer in the woods.

Merry Christmas Friend!